To celebrate Galentine’s Day this year, my lovely friend Aubrey is throwing a little party. She has actually done this many years in a row, but this will be the first year I can actually make it. What is Galentine’s Day you ask? It is a day we celebrate all our amazing, strong, smart, beautiful fellow women friends…and it happens to be on February 13th (which is my mom’s birthday!).
Today I put together a little crafty treat to bring along which I am calling “Galentine’s Doughnut Arrows of Land Mermaid Love”.
Here is what you will need:
- Doughnut holes, and lots of ’em!
- Wooden skewers
- Glittery card stock – I actually used a pack of glittery foam I found at the Dollar Tree.
- Hot glue gun & scissors
1. Start by drawing your own little arrow templates and tracing them onto your glittery card stock. Then cut them out and set them aside for assembly.
2. Cut the last quarter off the flat ends of the skewers (you will need the pointy ends to push through the doughnut holes). They are pretty long, so unless you want to stack three or four on each one, you will need to cut them down to size.
3. With a hot glue gun, add one of the arrow ends to the flat end of the skewer. Then push the doughnut holes onto the pointy end, and assemble the other end of the arrow.
And voila! You have some cute treats to bring along to your next Galentine’s celebration!